Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wedding Aftermath

My flight back home from the wedding in LA was one of the worst of my life.  I should explain.  It all started back in May when we bought our plane tickets to LA.  Because we were getting a great deal, round trip tickets to LA for less than $200 including all fees and taxes, we didn't pay too much attention to the details.  We were leaving on Thursday and coming back on Sunday: good enough.

At this point, I should say that the wedding was great.The ceremony was held at the chapel at Mount Saint Mary's College, which is where Apple went to college.  MSMC is on top the mountain in Westwood near the Getty Center.  It great views of the city and because it so high up, the breezes keep the area cool during the day.   The reception was in north of LA in the Santa Monica Mountains at the Lobo Castle.

The name of the venue: Lobo Castle is a bit grandiose because it isn't really a castle; there are no walls, no moat and no 15th century plumbing. It is just a large stone house.  So that is what I am going call it: the Lobo House.  Despite the name, the Lobo House is a great place for a wedding reception.  It has space for several bar areas and it is intimate enough to make you feel like you are at someone's house party, not merely a rented room.

And, because it was a good venue and because I was with a bunch of people that I enjoy, my wife and I had a great time.  We took full advantage of the two hour open-bar and we brought a bottle of vodka to split with the cousins.  It was a night to remember, but the following morning was a day to forget.

The flight that we booked left at 7:20am.  If you have never done so, getting up at 5:00am after three and a half hours sleep while painfully hungover is a terrible idea.  I don't want to lower the tone of this post, so I will not describe how my stomach was feeling.  Suffice it to say that at the airport, I found that I had to stare at the floor because watching people walk through the concourse made me feel like the airport was spinning.  Once we got home I collapse and have spent the whole week recovering.

Congratulations to Apple and Jonathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment