Sunday, September 5, 2010

new car

Since I was a kid, my parents have always driven Audis. It started back in the 1980s when Audi's cars gained notoriety for running over their drivers. My parents, always fond of a good deal and never impressed with other people's driving abilities, decided to purchase one when the prices dropped after the bad press.

Ever since then, even as their income has risen, they have always owned at least one Audi. This has always irritated me. By almost every objective measure, the BMW 3-series is better than my parents' Audi A4s. BMWs and Audis cost roughly the same and my parents could easily have afforded the Bimmer. I believe that at this point they keep buying them just because of personal inertia.

I cannot do that. Just going through the motions has always rubbed me the wrong way whether it is major purchases like cars or just what route I take to work. A few months ago, I bought a BMW 335i.

No comments:

Post a Comment