Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The best show ... in the world

For several years my favorite show on television has been Top Gear.  Although you wouldn't know it from the show's level of awareness in the US, the self described "poky motoring show" on BBC2 is the most watched show in the world.  Each episode is seen by approximately 350 million people around the world.  It has spawned versions in Germany, Russia, Australia, and soon America.  I download every episode and can watch them over and over.  

But, despite all the happiness and joy the show has given me, despite all the people who have I shown it too, and  despite all the time I have spent watching it, I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I first saw it.  I have thought about this for a while and I have ruled-out a few places.  I know that no person showed it to me and I know that I did not see it on TV.  I am pretty sure that I found it linked to a different random video on youtube.  Random chance can bring great rewards and great misery; I can't believe how many hours of entertainment I may have missed out on if not for luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment