Friday, September 10, 2010

Some Thoughts on LA

A Lamborghini dealer in the mall: gotta love LA
Whenever I am in Los Angeles, I always go to the Topanga mall.  While the shops are great, you can find the same stores in lots of different locations.  What really makes me come back is the atmosphere and the architecture.  The Topanga mall has an modern, open and airy feel; just walking around the mall gives me a pleasant feeling.  

I have always found that the sales people and other customers at the Topanga mall are much nicer and down to earth than those at other high-end malls.  To me, everyone at the Beverly Center seems narcissistic and up-themselves; whenever you ask a sales person for help, they act as if they are doing you a favor.  Worse still, at the Beverly Center, you have to pay for parking: ridiculous.  

Sadly, because my wife and I are part of the wedding, a lot of our time this weekend will be taken up in rehearsals, photos, and all the other hoopla that comes along with big weddings.  This may prevent me from doing my favorite thing in Los Angeles: driving the Pacific Coast Highway.  Los Angles has many great driving roads, but PCH is easily my favorite.  Once you get past the traffic in the middle of Malibu, the mountains, the ocean, and the exhilaration is good enough to be your last deathbed memory.  Everyone should take the time to do that drive.  I hope I get one more chance this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment