Saturday, September 4, 2010

catastrophic success in the job hunt

Right now I am helping my wife prepare for a job interview in Minneapolis. We are both thrilled that she may soon have the opportunity to move to a job that she enjoyed much more than her current position. But, while the job is in Minneapolis, we are not. We live in Iowa. Moving to Minneapolis for a new job would be an easy decision were we not both employed where we live. My wife taking this new job would force us to either live separately or for me to voluntarily become unemployed in a terrible economy.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to live away from my wife, but quiting my job seems idiotic in this economy. I never thought that I would almost hope that we are stuck where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment