Monday, January 3, 2011

California Dreamin

The biggest thing that I miss now that I am a working stiff is t-shirts.  When I was in school, I could wear whatever I wanted.  I always knew that this freedom would change once I started living nine to five, but I never suspected the psychic effect it would have on me.  I now know why so many men hate shopping: because no matter how well the clothes I like fit my body, they will not fit my life.  Seeing clothes I like in stores now only reminds me of opportunities lost.  The clothes that I have to wear to work everyday are now really only about function: looking professional.  They aren't particularly comfortable and grant little room for personal expression.

The solution to this problem, I think, is to move back to Los Angeles.  The only people wearing suits in LA are detectives.  The attorneys at Bet Tzedek wore jerseys to the office and no one gave a damn.  I need to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment